Wednesday 29 December 2010

Moving House

Meryam and Fatima, The Flower Fairies

This morning we moved house. Only two doors down - from Number One to Number Three - but it is surprising how much we seem to have accumulated over the past few weeks that needs re-locating. Admittedly a large proportion of our new acquisitions are pebbles re-located from the beach and it is, I feel warmly, a measure of how very much I am loved that Lorenzo takes such trouble in moving them across to our new home rather than politely suggesting that I re-locate them back whence they came. 

I also marvel that we managed to fit all of our original possessions into these two, miniscule suitcases. Short of an Alice-in-Wonderland ‘Shrink Me’ spell, there was no way more than one-third of my luggage was going to be accommodated by my stylish - but miniscule case. The equation was utterly baffling until Lorenzo reminded me that most of his case had also been filled with my ‘essentials’ and that he had been wearing the same outfit since we arrived. Hee! Hee!  Frankly its a measure of how very much I am loved that Lorenzo does not politely suggest re-locating me whence I came. (Though I am not altogether sure they would have me back!)

Anyway, the main point of telling you about our move, is not to highlight how impossible I am - or, indeed, how wonderful Lorenzo is, although this is a point that could not be overstated, - but about how remarkably lovely our hosts here are.

“Just wait and see what they have done for you in our new bedroom!” Lorenzo smiled, as he woke me, on his return from an early foray into Number Three.



If his smile had been wide, then mine was wider than my cheeks as I peeped in through the bedroom door. Writ large across the starched white counterpane, my name, EMMA, was spelt out in myriad tiny pink petals!  Hundreds more formed exquisite border decorations, hearts and flowers...


Well, we may be sleeping on the floor for the next 8 weeks, but I know that, whenever I am afraid, I can look at that counterpane and know that with so much love, beauty and magic a miracle can only ever be just around the corner.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment