Thursday 6 January 2011

"Home James! And don't spare the camels..."

This morning we met a good witch. 

She met us on the path down to the beach. And the moment she smiled and wished us well we knew.

She might have been a hundred years old. Or perhaps a thousand. Her wizened face and shining eyes were surely fashioned by many lifetimes of joy and wisdom. How curiously blessed we felt when she turned her gaze to us, as we approached hand-in-hand, As though she had imparted something of that joy and wisdom to us, with an unspoken promise that all would be well... Sometimes when you meet a stranger on your road, you nod or smile and they pass by still a stranger. And, just now and then, they become a part of you for always...

Jeeves was waiting for me on the sand. He kissed my cheek and blew soft and warm into my face. To say “Hello” and to tell me I could be his friend. So I climbed aboard . 

And Lorenzo rode beside me. All the way home.

We knew there was magic in the air...

No comments:

Post a Comment